Our Sustainability Statement
At PDSE we recognise that the Dental industry generates a substantial amount of carbon emissions largely through decontamination, waste disposal and the use of single-use plastics.
Whilst PDSE are committed to improving oral health in the Southwest through provision of treatment, education and engagement, we understand the importance of reducing our environmental impact on the planet and pledge to become more sustainable by driving business, social and environmental success.
Our goals are;
- To achieve ‘Net Zero’ of direct carbon emissions (Scopes 1 & 2) by 2040 with a target 40% reduction of direct emissions by 2027
- To achieve ‘Net Zero’ of indirect carbon emissions (Scope 3) by 2045 with a target 18% reduction of indirect emissions by 2027
Where Our Carbon Emissions Come From
Our Next Steps
- Review Waste, Utility and supplier contracts to switch to 100% renewable and more sustainable options
- Secure additional funding to support low carbon initiatives
- Commission designs for low carbon heating/heat pump systems
- Installation of solar panels at Devonport site and explore feasibility for Exeter and Derriford
- Install Electric vehicle charging point in Devonport and Exeter
- Implement electric fleet vehicle for Estates & Facilities and Dental Outreach teams
- Launch Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme